Friday, October 1, 2010

Insomnia and Nuit Blanche

Do you ever get insomnia? It hits me periodically and I hardly slept a wink last week. Not being able to go to my studio, I had to scrounge around for the basics. All I had on hand was a pen and paper. I did a series of pen and ink drawings, something I've not done since architecture school! 
Cupid in flight by Ingrid Mida 2010


Angel Amulet Bookmark by Ingrid Mida 2010

If I have insomnia this weekend, Scotiabank's Nuit Blanche Toronto will there for me. One of the highlights will be speed art criticism by Toronto's prominent art critics, including Otino Corsano (who gave me the 2010 Underdog Achievement Award). The reviews will be 15 minutes or less and begin on Saturday, October 2 at 7 pm and continue to Sunday, October 3 at 7 am.  (Btw, I won't be bringing pen and ink drawings to this; instead I'd have to drag along an edgier contemporary art work, because I already know my drawings wouldn't pass muster with this group of critics.)

Critics on duty during that time include: 
Dan Adler
David Balzer
Bill Clarke
Otino Corsano
Sarah Milroy
Elena Potter
Leah Sandals
RM Vaughan
Murray Whyte

This event will take place at: 
The Six String Garage
1658 Queen Street West, Parkdale