Thursday, October 14, 2010

I cannot stop drawing....shoes!

Since my recent foray into the storage facilities of the Bata Shoe Museum (talk about stepping into a treasure trove), I cannot stop drawing...shoes! I should not be drawing shoes; I should be working on pieces for my upcoming show at Loop Gallery, but this is way more fun....  Although I've not worked in pen and ink since architecture school, I just cannot put my pen down. It is not a forgiving medium; one slip of the pen and hours of work can be ruined. Plus with each drawing, there is a point of no return, when one more stroke will simply be too much. I'm living on the edge...of madness and loving it!

Here are two of my favourite shoe drawings so far.
Soulier de Bal (1879) by Ingrid Mida 2010




Soulier Charles IX (1879) by Ingrid Mida 2010